[Asterisk-Users] dialplan question

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Fri Jan 28 19:42:21 MST 2005

Hello, I have a dial plan that tries to place a call over several different
outbound gateways, like this:

exten => _1X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@proxy1)
exten => _1X.,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@proxy2)
exten => _1X.,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@proxy3)
exten => _1X.,4,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@proxy4)
exten => _1X.,5,Hangup

it works fine if one of the gateways is busy [rolls to the next dial
statement].  However, if the phone number itself on the proxyX gateway is
PSTN-busy, then it correctly returns 486 busy here, but execution continues,
which wastes trunks trying a busy number on each gateway.

What is the best way to handle this?  Inserting +101 extensions with the
Hangup command ?  Will that still properly signal 486 busy here back?
Should I be using Congestion instead of Hang up ?