[Asterisk-Users] adit 600 fxo ports immediately "answers" outgoing calls (even if not connected to line)

Jon Gabrielson jon at directfreight.com
Fri Jan 28 10:35:34 MST 2005

I have an adit 600 with an fxo card connected to a digium T1 card.
If I try to make an outgoing call and the T1 cable is disconnected,
asterisks returns congested like it should.
But, if the adit 600 is connected to the T1 card, the adit 600
immediately "answers" the call even if there are no physical
lines attached.  I even removed the fxo card and the adit
600 still "answers" the outgoing call even though it obviously
has no way to actually route the call.

How do I tell asterisk and/or the adit 600 to make sure it has
a dialtone before it answers the call and tries to route it?

Thanks,

Jon.