[Asterisk-Users] Authentication against voicemail password database

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Fri Jan 28 09:49:29 MST 2005

Adam Robins wrote:
> I would like to allow my remote users to dial in from their homes,
> cells, etc., and instruct Asterisk to forward calls made to their office
> extension to a number of their choosing.  The wiki entry on "Asterisk
> call forwarding" shows how to do this.  For security purposes, I would
> like to front-end this by asking the user to supply a password for their
> extension.  Ideally, this would be their voicemail password.  Is there a
> cmd I can use in extensions.conf to check extension and password against
> the voicemail database?

The only thing that comes to mind for me is loading the voicemail
configuration from a database, and using an AGI that can read that
database to authenticate and process your call forwarding.

An upside to this might be the ability to allow users to change their
own password(which I'm not sure they can do with voicemail.conf).

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/