[Asterisk-Users] Authentication against voicemail password database

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Fri Jan 28 08:16:40 MST 2005

I would like to allow my remote users to dial in from their homes,
cells, etc., and instruct Asterisk to forward calls made to their office
extension to a number of their choosing.  The wiki entry on "Asterisk
call forwarding" shows how to do this.  For security purposes, I would
like to front-end this by asking the user to supply a password for their
extension.  Ideally, this would be their voicemail password.  Is there a
cmd I can use in extensions.conf to check extension and password against
the voicemail database?

Thanks,
Adam

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this message and its attachments, if any.