[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom phones

Bob Goddard asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 11:13:08 MST 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 16:30, Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:
> /Snip/
> I have the same dilemma with Polycom phones. Given their support
> (actually complete lack of), I am quite loathe to giving them business.
> On the other hand they are so darned cheap compared to other similar
> phones, I sure get tempted to use them if I can find a workaround.
[...]

Polycom are not the only ones with a lack of support, Snom are just
the same. I've got a few issues with their phones yet support
completely ignore me, unable to reboot via the web interface or
via the phones keypad, attempting to install updated firmware and
finding the unit once having done that decide to then install a
very old version, changes to the mic port rendering headsets useless
and stupidly making the 190's and 200's have the same power connector
despite one being 48v and the other 5v - that produced a nice little
burning smell.

I have found Grandstreams support to be excellent.