[Asterisk-Users] How can I check the selected codec for a call?

Rodolfo Grave rodolfograve at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 27 09:50:22 MST 2005

Hello... I'm having problems with H323/G729 setup. Below is the output
of h.323 debug when making a call. I use a SIP phone connected to an *
box in the same LAN. The * connects to a h323/g729 PSTN terminator
through internet. Calls rings and are answered in the other side, but I
get no sound at all nor the other side does (complete silence in both
sides). I thought this would just happen when:

1- Codecs conflicts
2- NATting problems

Neither of this circumstances occur now. * have a public IP and no
Firewall nor NAT device. Used codec, as you can see, is G729... my only
concern is that I see G.729A{sw} and G.729{sw} as different codecs in
the Allowed Codecs table.... and then you see "Started logical channel:
receiving ****G.729{sw}****" and "Started logical channel: sending
*****G.729A{sw}****"... Notice the A in the G729 receiving and the lack
of it in sending.

Might be this subtle difference the cause of my problem?

Thanks in advance for the help.

RODOLFO

*CLI> h.323 debug
H323 debug enabled

     -- Executing Dial("SIP/12345-4cbb",
"H323/xxxxxxxxxxxxx at xx.xx.xx.xx") in new stack
Allowed Codecs:
         Table:
   G.729A{sw} <1>
   G.729{sw} <2>
 Set:
   0:
     0:
       G.729A{sw} <1>
       G.729{sw} <2>

 -- Making call to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at xx.xx.xx.xx.
        == New H.323 Connection created.
        -- 12345 is calling host xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at xx.xx.xx.xx
        -- Call token is ip$localhost/26043
        -- Call reference is 26043
    -- Called xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at xx.xx.xx.xx
        -- Sending SETUP message
         =-= In OnAlerting for call 26043: sessionId=0
                --- no logical channels
       -- Ringing phone for "xx.xx.xx.xx"
    -- H323/xx.xx.xx.xx is ringing
        =*= In CreateRealTimeLogicalChannel for call 26043
                -- externalIpAddress: yy.yy.yy.yy
                -- externalPort: 18260
                -- SessionID: 1
                -- Direction: IsReceiver
         -- Started logical channel: receiving G.729{sw}
                -- channelsOpen = 1
        =*= In CreateRealTimeLogicalChannel for call 26043
                -- externalIpAddress: yy.yy.yy.yy
                -- externalPort: 18260
                -- SessionID: 1
                -- Direction: IsTransmitter
         -- Started logical channel: sending G.729A{sw}
                -- channelsOpen = 2
        =-= In OnConnectionEstablished for call 26043
                -- Connection Established with "xx.xx.xx.xx"
    -- H323/xx.xx.xx.xx answered SIP/12345-4cbb
        =-= In OnReceivedAckPDU for call 26043
                channelsOpen = 1
        -- ClearCall: Request to clear call with token ip$localhost/26043
        -- Sending RELEASE COMPLETE
  == Spawn extension (sip_default, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/12345-4cbb'
                channelsOpen = 0
 -- Call with xx.xx.xx.xxcompleted (EndedByLocalUser)
        == H.323 Connection deleted.