[Asterisk-Users] IAX Softphone

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at linguaphone.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 05:33:20 MST 2005

> > Diax supports showing the number of new and old voicemail messages
> > although I have not managed to get that working yet.
>
> There is a parameter in iax.conf which must be enabled in order to get this
> functionality.
>
> ; If mailboxdetail is set to "yes", the user receives
> ; the actual new/old message counts, not just a yes/no
> ; as to whether they have messages.  this can be set on
> ; a per-peer basis as well
> ;
> mailboxdetail=yes
>
> For the account you must have a line
> mailbox=xxx
>
> This is all you need to make it work.

I have 'mailboxdetail=yes' in my iax.conf file.

A typical extension configuration is :-
[7000]
type=friend
regexten=7000
secret=password
host=dynamic
context=voipuk
mailbox=7000

In voicemail.conf I have entries such as :-
[local]
7000 => 1234,Users Name,emailaddress at linguaphone.co.uk

The voicemail system works but I dont get any new messages indicated
with Diax. Can you see if I have done anything wrong?

P.S I have a suggestion. It would be nice to be able to reconfigure the
'transfer' button as I believe currently it is just a shortcut for '#'
and I intend to use a different code (** for example) for transfers to
avoid problems with it interfering with some navigation systems.

Regards
Gareth