[Asterisk-Users] Re: bellster.net - GREATadvance

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Wed Jan 26 17:04:32 MST 2005

>If you do it in a low volume fashion, it's very difficult for the telco or
>the regulators
>to catch up, also you can argue that you are not doing any economic profit
>of that. Let's
>say, even if bellster uses +240 min/day of your phone, that hardly is
>noticeable for
>them.

No, it's quite noticeable if you do another 240 minutes at different times,
each day, to a wide range of numbers. Software will catch that if anyone
cares to check. In fact, my telco turned off my line when I started using it
more (went from low usage to "using for Internet all the time"). Had to go
down and pay and assure that yes I was making those calls.

>To the private intra-company VoIP, you can make a VoIP call from one office
>to another
>and then hop to the PSTN without any problem, it's company only traffic. I
>do that, and
>the telco or the regulators will never come up. Also, if they come they
>will have an
>incredibly hard time proving you that.

Yes, because that fits into a standard business calling pattern.

-Michael