[Asterisk-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CallingCard Application forAsterisk

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Wed Jan 26 16:06:40 MST 2005

Okay. It was opinion, and I am not demanding to set course to use
PostgreSQL.
Client of mine had such issue, and even version upgrade didn't solve it.
May be they was unlucky with that, but because of that issue they was
really close
to loose their big customers. Even my experience with MySQL didn't help
a lot.
The good DB won't screw up with data corruption, even if programmer did
it. This is my point of view.
Right after that when I started to plan my new project I decided to use
PostgreSQL.
Not only because of that issue, but because of their weird licensing
policy. Just ask why Mark trying to split
MySQL module from main branch.

Russell Horn wrote:

>>It is better to stay with Postgres. If you don't want to loose your
>>business stay away from MySQL.
>>

>Oh come on, there are many reasons to use Postgres, but this is just FUD.
>
>Just as an example off the top of my head, take a look at
>http://www.livejournal.com/stats.bml (2.5 million active accounts,
>367,000 updates in the last 24 hours and all on a mysql backend).
>
>There's a host of other big sites all using MySQL - Yahoo! Finance,
>Slashdot (handling 360 queries per second) and others.  If you're
>losing data on MySQL with 10 users you have a configuration or coding
>problem.
>
>Again, Postgres offers many features that MySQL does not and vice
>versa, but to suggest that MySQL shouldn't be used because you'll
>loose data is a bogus argument.
>
>Russell.

All the Best!
Sergey.