[Asterisk-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CallingCard Application forAsterisk

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Jan 26 16:00:49 MST 2005

>> It is better to stay with Postgres. If you don't want to loose your
>> business stay away from MySQL.
>> If you are from Toronto ( I suppose you are ), you can check my posts to
>> TLUG (Toronto Linux User Group)
>> regarding MySQL and Postgres. I would say Postgres is a Open Source
>> Oracle. It's very stable, very scalable
>> and it's perfectly works under serious workload. MySQL is dying at the
>> same configuration.
>> I have client of mine who having issue with MySQL. Under some workload (
>> 10 users inserting at the same time )
>> it corrupts the index. Even MySQL 4.0.X is still corrupts the indexes
>> under heavy load.
>> I never saw it with Postgres. At the same time Postgres provides you a
>> very flexible SQL language and features,
>> as well as you can make stored procedures on Perl and many-many more.

> RIIIGHT it sounds like someone doesn't know what they are doing.  I have
> NEVER EVER had anything bad happen to mysql under heavy load.

I think you don't know what is HEAVY load!! or had put a mysql under that.
And also, mysql lacks lots of very useful features (in v5, the list is a bit shorter, but
not a big difference anyway), like triggers, good procedural lang support, custom
types...  almost all of the missing features are the "enterprise" ones.
A experienced DBA with commercial DBMS's will laugh on MySQL list of features when
compared with almost any other *decent* DBMS.

Also, please do not turn this thread into a flame war or a holy DB war, like the one of
linux vs windoze in november.

=====
Miguel Ruiz Velasco

Version: OpenKeyServer v1.2
Comment: Extracted from belgium.keyserver.net
Signature: 0x59831109