[Asterisk-Users] Re: Firefly as Asterisk SIP client - qualify works ?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 15:24:20 MST 2005

In article <031301c503e8$1eda5bd0$6500a8c0 at Lapitopi>,
Robert Rozman <rozman at fri.uni-lj.si> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm curious if anyone is using firefly as SIP client and if qualify=yes
> works for it.
>
> In my case Asterisk just keeps retransmitting of OPTION SIP message
> and Firefly doesn't seem to respond - but all this could be just wrong
> settings ? Anyone has working SIP configuration with qualify ?

I use Firefly as a SIP client, and I have found that qualify does NOT
work.  In my experience, you have to turn off qualify, or else Asterisk
soon decides that the Firefly device is no longer there, and marks it as
UNREACHABLE. From then onwards, Firefly cannot receive calls, only place
them.

Cheers
Tony
--