[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Message Light on multiple phones

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Wed Jan 26 13:48:08 MST 2005

Brian M. Arlinghaus wrote:

> I've got 25 7960s with different mailboxes set for different lines.
> The MWI indicator (red light) comes on if there are messages in either
> of the mailboxes.  However, on the display, an envelope shows up next
> to the line that has the voicemail waiting.  Therefore I can tell
> which line has the voicemail.
>
> In my extensions.conf, I have a dial command such as exten =>
> 8900,1,Dial(SIP/89XX-3&SIP/89XX-3&SIP/89XX-3,,).  All of the phones
> ring at the same time.  All of the message waiting indicators will
> light if someone leaves a message and all of them will go out when the
> the messages are removed.
>
> What does the @ do?
> Original Example: exten => 135,1,Dial(SIP/135 at 100&SIP/135 at 101,20,rt)
>
> Brian
>
> [89XX-1]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> secret=89XX-1
> context=local
> callerid="NAMEXX" <859-392-89XX>
> mailbox=89XX            ;<========= Mailbox Designation
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> qualify=yes
> [89XX-2]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> secret=89XX-2
> context=local
> callerid="NAMEXX" <859-392-89XX>
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> [89XX-3]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> secret=89XX-3
> context=local
> callerid="NAMEXX" <859-392-8900>
> mailbox=8900            ;<======== Mailbox Designation
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw

I got it working following the above layout.  I was attempting to use
[135] for all of the phones and that won't work.  As in the example
above, I used [135-1] and [135-2], setup the tftp config files in the
same manner, and modified the exensions.conf file to look like: exten =>
135,1,Dial(SIP/135-1&SIP/135-2,20,rt)

I works great!!  Thanks!