[Asterisk-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CallingCardApplication forAsterisk

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Wed Jan 26 13:43:00 MST 2005

Probably. But I believe my eyes and my experience, but not your words. I
just respect them,
but not trust them. I saw what I saw. You always can compare two of them
at the same task loads,
and compare performance and stability under heavy load.
MySQL licensing policy makes me crazy, their bugs makes me worry,
therefore after 3-4 years of using it I decided to stay away of MySQL.
MySQL it's like a Sybase/MS SQL in proprietary world. I am trying to
stay away from them.
I do have a quite good experience with most of the common close/open
source DBs, therefore I have some
rights to judge them.

Brian West wrote:

>>It is better to stay with Postgres. If you don't want to loose your
>>business stay away from MySQL.
>>If you are from Toronto ( I suppose you are ), you can check my posts to
>>TLUG (Toronto Linux User Group)
>>regarding MySQL and Postgres. I would say Postgres is a Open Source
>>Oracle. It's very stable, very scalable
>>and it's perfectly works under serious workload. MySQL is dying at the
>>same configuration.
>>I have client of mine who having issue with MySQL. Under some workload (
>>10 users inserting at the same time )
>>it corrupts the index. Even MySQL 4.0.X is still corrupts the indexes
>>under heavy load.
>>I never saw it with Postgres. At the same time Postgres provides you a
>>very flexible SQL language and features,
>>as well as you can make stored procedures on Perl and many-many more.
>>

>RIIIGHT it sounds like someone doesn't know what they are doing.  I have
>NEVER EVER had anything bad happen to mysql under heavy load.
>
>bkw

All the Best!
Sergey.
Sergey Kuznetsov