[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk drops calls - why ??

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Wed Jan 26 12:28:39 MST 2005

> I got a problem with asterisk 1.0.2 - it drops the calls,
> both sip<-->sip, and zap<-->sip.
>
> The conntions can stay for seconds to several minuttes,
> and then the connection just cut off.
>
> I can't see anything in the logfiles. (or dont know what
> to look at.)
>
> It drops several connections at a time, but not all.
>
> Where to start looking ??
>
> /HHA

First, make sure you are running asterisk with enough verbosity.  Try:

asterisk -vvvvvvrgc

That should tell you at least something that happens when the connection is cut.

Second, more information - what SIP devices are you using?  What Zap hardware and PSTN connections?  (This sounds strangely like the common problem with X-lite, the Xten softphone.  If you are using X-lite, make sure to turn off silence suppression.)  If you are using another SIP device - what is it?

Last, can we see the pertinent sections of your config files (extensions.conf, sip.conf, zapata.conf, zaptel.conf)?

Thanks,
Noah