[Asterisk-Users] Re: UPS for Asterisk

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at eunetnorge.no
Wed Jan 26 09:14:47 MST 2005

"Shoval Tomer" <shoval at softov.co.il> writes:

> Legacy PBXs don't have that problem. The configuration there is on
> NVRAM or Flash, and when the power comes back up it just loads and
> keeps working.

They have to be quite old to fit that description.  The Nortel
Meridian-1 system I played with about 10 years ago booted from a hard
disk (SCSI, if memory serves), which also held its configuration, and
it had a tape station for loading system software and upgrades, and
for making backups.  (And yes, we had a UPS for it.)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145