[Asterisk-Users] UPS for Asterisk

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Wed Jan 26 05:20:55 MST 2005

Asterisk is software installed on linux installed in a PC with a hard
drive.
When I say it might not come up after a power failure I don't mean
Asterisk, I mean Linux.
The hard drive might fail and you can kiss you system good bye.

Legacy PBXs don't have that problem. The configuration there is on NVRAM
or Flash, and when the power comes back up it just loads and keeps
working.

A UPS for legacy PBX means that if the power outage is two minutes long,
you can keep talking as if nothing happened.

For Asterisk it's a must.