[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Message Light on multiple phones

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Wed Jan 26 08:35:46 MST 2005

> I believe the current implementation for vm notification is to use
> a sip 'notify' message to turn on the mwi, and the sip protocol
> implementation within * does not support sending 'notify' messages
> to multiple phones. (E.g., how would * even know how many phones
> you are trying to ring via the above dialplan entry?)

This is interesting because I am doing a very similar thing. I have four
Cisco phone, two 7940 and two 7905 and a couple of ata186. An incoming
call rings all six phones. There is a single voicemail box that is
assicate with every phone. The MWI indicator lights up on all phones when
a message is received. It also extiguishes from all phones if the
voicemail is deleted from any phone.

Adi