[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 600 - 1.3.1

Chris Mader cmader at hmri.net
Wed Jan 26 07:52:39 MST 2005

I am getting to my wits end with these phones (and so is my boss).  I am
getting an random echo on these phones and I have an issue opened with
Polycom and its been in their research and development department for
almost a month with no results.

I have noticed that I get a message "RFC3389 support incomplete.  Turn
off on client if possible" in asterisk. I have researched this and made
the change in ipmid.cfg (see below), but I am still getting this RFC
error.

--- ipmid.cfg ----
<RTP qos.ethernet.rtp.user_priority="5"/>
                        <RTP qos.ip.rtp.min_delay="0"
qos.ip.rtp.max_throughput="0" qos.ip.rtp.max_reliability="0"
qos.ip.rtp.min_cost="0" qos.ip.rtp.precedence="0"/>
                        <RTP tcpIpApp.port.rtp.filterByIp="1"
tcpIpApp.port.rtp.filterByPort="0" tcpIpApp.port.rtp.forceSend=""
tcpIpApp.port.rtp.mediaPortRangeStart=""/>

I am just wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot the echo and RFC
error so I don't have to pull the entire phone system out and purchase
an entire new system.