[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 - channel out to lunch?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jan 26 05:11:31 MST 2005

> Today I had channel 1 on my TDM400 go to sleep, verified by pluggin in
> known good telco lines in various combinations on channel 1 through 4 -
> problem is channel 1, not anything external. So after seeing lots of
> stuff on the list re: TDM400's I power cycled, removed board and let
> linux say nothing's home, replaced board, told linux to ignore it etc.
> No OS/asterisk/etc changes made on the box between the it worked stage
> and it stopped working stage.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome - and it just so happens that a
> previously RMA'd TDM board should be here tomorrow - so when that one
> arrives I'll swap modules and see if it follows the module or the board...

For those of us that have had probems with the tdm dropping, it seems
stopping *, stop and restart zaptel, restart * fixes what seems to be
a software bug. No reboot necessary. If that doesn't fix the problem,
then you might have a defective module.

There was an issue with the first tdm cards shipped (ver e/f) where the
first module slot had a problem. Those that received replacement cards
found an added jumper wire on them suggesting a printed circuit board
trace had been missed (or something like that).