[Asterisk-Users] Damn DTMF Beeps on my calls

Jeremiah Chapman jchapman at TexasWebGeeks.com
Wed Jan 26 05:02:09 MST 2005

Well, it sounds to me like his phone actually "IS" sending you keypresses.
You stated that it goes silent on his end while you are hearing his DTMF
tones. Sounds like the phone is silencing his end, as it would if he were
intentionally dialing out. I am guessing that he has a bad phone or
something on his end is causing the issue.

Sincerely,

Texas Web Geek

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Me
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:03 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Damn DTMF Beeps on my calls

Well this happens a LOT when I call one particular person, not so much when
I call others.

Both sides of the call are running Sipura ATA's with * in the middle, no
termination or Zap in between at all.

It seems that when I call this person from my home address it occurs a LOT
like 1 or 2 times a minute or more at times. When I call from another
location, same ATA type but different building it doesn't happen (I don't
think).

The other caller does not here it at all, he only hears silence when I hear
the beep. It sounds EXACTLY like a key being pressed on my phone. It's not
just a beep, to answer the other posters question.

--
Start Your Own ISP!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com