[Asterisk-Users] Unable to Specify Channel 1 - no such device oraddress

Tue Jan 25 13:43:27 MST 2005

When trying to start asterisk with a four-port FXS/FXO card I get the
following error: "Unable to Specify Channel 1 - no such device or address"
(Channel 1 should be the first FXO port). I looked in the asterisk-users
mailing list archive and found one person who had this problem but did not
find an answer. I am using the sample configuration file lines provided by
Digium. lsmod says my wcfxo and zaptel modules are loaded Ok, apparently.
What could be wrong or where should I look.
Gene Naden, MA , MD

Gene,

Having just been through the same problem recently I can tell you with a
fair amount of certainty that your motherboard is not PCI spec 2.2
compliant.

Double check your motherboard specs.

This was my problem.

Hope that helps.