[Asterisk-Users] Unable to Specify Channel 1 - no such device or address

Gene Naden gene.naden at globalteldata.com
Tue Jan 25 11:57:29 MST 2005

When trying to start asterisk with a four-port FXS/FXO card I get the following error: "Unable to Specify Channel 1 - no such device or address" (Channel 1 should be the first FXO port). I looked in the asterisk-users mailing list archive and found one person who had this problem but did not find an answer. I am using the sample configuration file lines provided by Digium. lsmod says my wcfxo and zaptel modules are loaded Ok, apparently. What could be wrong or where should I look.
Gene Naden, MA , MD
Programmer Analyst
GlobalTeldata II, LLC
4646 N. Ravenswood