[Asterisk-Users] New native assisted transfer (atxfer) usage info required

Marco Menardi mmenaz at mail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:37:49 MST 2005

Hi, I would like to use the new atxfer (native assisted transfer, see
mantis item #3241) , but I've partially been able to
make it work.
I can receive a call and then having the caller hear MOH while talking
with another extension (the one I want to transfer to), but then I can't
make the caller and the trasferred talk hanging up or pressing any key
combination I'm aware of.
My features.conf are these ones:
[general]
language=it
parkext => 521                  ; What ext. to dial to park
parkpos => 522-525              ; What extensions to park calls on
context => parkedcalls          ; Which context parked calls are in
parkingtime => 120              ; Number of seconds a call can be parked for
                                  ; (default is 45 seconds)
;transferdigittimeout => 3      ; Number of seconds to wait between
digits when transfering a call
courtesytone = beep             ; Sound file to play to the parked caller
                                  ; when someone dials a parked call
xfersound = beep               ; to indicate an attended transfer is
complete
xferfailsound = beeperr        ; to indicate a failed transfer
;adsipark = yes                 ; if you want ADSI parking announcements
pickupexten = *8                ; Configure the pickup extension.
Default is *8

;featuredigittimeout = 500      ; Max time (ms) between digits for
                                  ; feature activation.  Default is 500

[featuremap]
; there are different from the default in features.conf.SAMPLE,
; and faster to type when apropriate, OMHO
blindxfer => #7                ; Blind transfer
disconnect => *0               ; Disconnect
automon => *1                  ; One Touch Record
atxfer => *7                   ; Attended transfer

And in the Dial() command I use the tT flag.
Is there any other special Dial() flag required in the dialplan?
If I hang-up the call is not transferred, nor if I presso *0 (disconnect).
I would also like to know how to go back to the caller, if the other
extension is  busy or doesn't answer or doesn't want to talk with the
caller.

Could someone provide me the exact settings required, and the keystrokes
needed to make it work (successful transfer and "aborted" transfer,
going back to the caller)? A sort of "atxfer for dummies" :)
I'm using the more recent CVS Head.
Btw, of course I know that I can have a "assisted transfer enabled" SIP
phone, or use the 3 way calling of my TDM400, but I want to make this
feature of asterisk working without any client implementation (that is
the goal of atxfer).
Thanks a lot

Marco Menardi