[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoip DTMF Issues

Brian Dingman bdingman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:27:49 MST 2005

Mark,
I have the same exact settings except I moved to 1.0.5. DTMF
recognition is fundamental to using *. Problems like this shouldn't
happen. As for the LiveVoip DID's, the two of them I have are down and
out. They were rendering fast busy signals - totally different problem
than DTMF, so support pulled them to figure out what was going on.

Just a guess, but maybe the problem lies in the soft switches that
they use or with the CLEC's. I remember an issue with Voicepulse a
while back with answer supervision. This problem was isolated to a
specific CLEC and possibly even a switch. Eventually they fixed the
issue. Not all DID's are created equal. In my case, the DID without
the problem was from Level3 and the toll free one with the issue was
from Qwest. Maybe that tells us something.

My VP Connect DID' s are from ITC (239-580) and Paetec (610-994)... these work.