[Asterisk-Users] Re: Bellster - IAX-based interchange -- lets you call anywhere for free

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Tue Jan 25 11:55:34 MST 2005

It's completely legitimate for the telcos to monitor this type of
thing. I would think that the primary users of the Bellster system
would be home users and residential lines are not meant to be tied up
full time. That's how capacity is determined and that's how rates are
calculated (based on usage). It's the same problem that Mom & Pop ISP's
ran into while trying to run out of a basement.

Besides, telcos are going to be wary anyway of this type of thing
because of the erosion of their traditional business thanks to VOIP.

-mark