[Asterisk-Users] HEAD vs STABLE

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jan 25 11:45:04 MST 2005

TURN OFF HTML EMAIL.

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 18:53 +0100, Manuel Wenger wrote:
> I am having a somewhat hard time finding out what the current HEAD and
> STABLE versions of Asterisk are. I'm currently running
> CVS-HEAD-08/24/04 and I think I need something newer :-)
>
> What are the version numbers of HEAD and STABLE? I was unable to find
> out by reading here and there. I've seen there's a 1.0 stable, a 1.0.5
> (is this head or stable?), and I'm not sure what to download in order
> to have something stable *and* not too old.

HEAD shouldn't have a version number, it is a fast moving target.

Stable is currently a 1.0 release and has been bumped up through 1.0.5.

Stable is tracking the changes in HEAD that it can without introducing
the potential instability of HEADs regular change sets. If you think you
need newer versions, you should be watching the -cvs list to know what
is being changed.