[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940/7960

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 08:40:10 MST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:08:51 -0500, Mark Johnson
<asterisk at astroshapes.com> wrote:
> This may be OT, but I can't seem to find how to do this.  I have
> 7940/7960's with Skinny on them.  When you start pressing numbers on the
> dialpad, you start building a number to dial.  When I install SIP, that
> functionality goes away.  You have to hit the speaker button, or lift
> the handset before you can start dialing.  Is there a setting I am
> missing, or is this just a product of SIP and I have to live with?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Craig

Unfortunately this "hot keypad" functionality is not included with the
7940/7960 SIP image.

It is on the 7905/7912 SIP image though. As I have both types of
phones in use here, it's somewhat annoying having to adjust my dialing
habits depending on the phone I'm using :-)

*shrugs*

-Shaun