[Asterisk-Users] FXO and groups

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Tue Jan 25 00:52:55 MST 2005

Hi.

I have just added two FXO cards in my PC:
  - Zap/1 is my France Telecom telephone line
  - Zap/2 is my Free telephone line (Free is an ADSL provider which
    provides an additional line using VOIP, but this line is only
    accessible as an FXS, no way to use it directly in H.323 or SIP)

In incoming mode, those two lines ring different extensions in my
phone installation. In outgoing mode, depending on the dialed number,
I'd like to use either one of the lines or both of them; also,
depending on the dialed number, either Zap/1 or Zap/2 must be selected
in priority.

I have tried the following in my zapata.conf: [today's CVS asterisk]

   [...]
   context=ftincoming
   channel => 1

   context=freeincoming
   channel => 2

   group=1
   channel => 1,2

   group=2
   channel => 2,1

The idea is to use one of:
  - Zap/1: France Telecom
  - Zap/2: Free
  - Zap/g1: France Telecom if available, Free otherwise
  - Zap/g2: Free if available, France Telecom otherwise

However, when I do that, I cannot use Zap/g1 or Zap/g2. For example,
15 should use Zap/g1, and I get:

*CLI> dial 15
    -- Executing Dial("ALSA/hw:1,0", "Zap/g1/15|30") in new stack
Jan 24 22:49:07 NOTICE[24747]: app_dial.c:884 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

On the other hand, when I try something which should use Zap/g2, I
get:

*CLI> dial 0145815972
    -- Executing Dial("ALSA/hw:1,0", "Zap/g2/0145815972|30") in new stack
    -- Called g2/0145815972

*CLI> hangup
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
  == Spawn extension (local, 0145815972, 1) exited non-zero on 'ALSA/hw:1,0'

which shows that Zap/1 was used while Zap/2 was available and should
have been preferred.

Is there a way to achieve what I am trying to do?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam