[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-biz] bellster.net - GREAT advance]

Duane duane at e164.org
Mon Jan 24 20:43:27 MST 2005

Duane wrote:

I was discussing bellster with a friend of mine, and he made another
point about this service...

> I can't imagine how unsettling it would be for my girlfriend to pick up the phone and hear somebody else on the line.  The first time that happened, that'd be the end of me sharing the line with anybody.  I can't think of a way that I would explain Bellster to a non-geek in a way that makes them comfortable.
>
> I can almost hear her saying, "How much do you make a year again?  And how much is unlimited long distance from the phone company?  Is that going to break you financially?  Because if it is, you've either got a drug problem, gambling problem, or a hooker problem."

Made me laugh at least :)

Another small point is that a lot of countries don't have flat rate
calls, and I highly doubt anyone in those countries would be offering
their land lines for this kind of service either. It costs me between 20
and 30c per call to make local calls, so this basically only leaves
North American and New Zealand as the only viable options that I know of.

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
     I only try to dance better than myself."