[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-biz] bellster.net - GREAT advance]

Steven P. Donegan steve at donegan.org
Mon Jan 24 20:04:25 MST 2005

Funny, the only thing I addressed was the direct threat of busting the
contract/acceptable use policy of your Telco/local government. I didn't
go anywhere near the other risks:

1) you mess up your extensions.conf and some bozo - on purpose or
otherwise - runs up some insane bill on that nice little donated phone
line - handle this by doing REALLY specific exten lines and you should
be fairly OK

2) abuse of the extreme types noted in Duane's original reply - no
technological solution for this one beyond making sure your outbound
caller-id is not sent (a darn good idea in any case but no guarantees it
will stop any more than a casual attempt to 'trace' the call) - and make
sure you keep your asterisk CDR logs...

Duane wrote:

> Also these choice sound bytes from the asterisk-biz list.

Choice bits snipped for brevity...