[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Jan 24 20:01:33 MST 2005

Pat Delaney wrote:

> AS a proof of concept experiment, I want to try and integrate Asterisk
> with my Lucent Definity G3 switch. I don’t have an available T1 port
> on the G3 but I can round up 4 analog ports off the G3. What I thought
> I could do is create a “Hunt group” on the G3. Let’s say I configure
> 5610 – 5613 as a hunt group. I know I would need a 4 port FXO card to
> install in the Asterisk server. Two configuration questions come to
> mind. I’ll assume I can configure the Sip’s phone to use the POTS
> lines for non-Sips calls

Correct.

> , but I want to hid the fact that the Asterisk will need to dial “9”
> on the analog port to pass the call through the G3. I suppose the End
> user could dial 99xxx-xxxx to pass the 9 needed by the G3. Is there a
> way to hid that from them.

Yes, via your dial-plan on the Asterisk box.

> Second question, can I set up a dial plan based on those 4 G3 POTS
> lines that connect to Asterisk? Let’s say that some calls 5611 from
> the G3, can asterisk determine that the call is coming in from 5611,
> and will it understand the G3’s caller ID?

Only if you can configure the G3 to pass caller id info, our G3 admin
couldn't.  the 4 lines you want to pass to Asterisk will connect via
their own ZAP channel.  5610=ZAP1, 5611, ZAP2 and so on.  You can use
that in your dial-plan to pass incoming to certain extensions on Asterisk.

Since this is only a proof of concept, this should do very well.  But,
keep in mind that the X100P cards have limits on the number of cards
within 1 PC.  They generate LARGE amounts of interrupts.  I have no
experience with the TDM400 cards.  Just 1 X100P and 1 T100P.

Have fun,

Doug