[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Pat Delaney Pat.Delaney at inewsroom.com
Mon Jan 24 19:17:45 MST 2005

AS a proof of concept experiment, I want to try and integrate Asterisk with my Lucent Definity G3 switch. I don’t have an available T1 port on the G3 but I can round up 4 analog ports off the G3. What I thought I could do is create a “Hunt group” on the G3. Let’s say I configure 5610 – 5613 as a hunt group. I know I would need a 4 port FXO card to install in the Asterisk server. Two configuration questions come to mind. I’ll assume I can configure the Sip’s phone to use the POTS lines for non-Sips calls, but I want to hid the fact that the Asterisk will need to dial “9” on the analog port to pass the call through the G3. I suppose the End user could dial 99xxx-xxxx to pass the 9 needed by the G3. Is there a way to hid that from them. Second question, can I set up a dial plan based on those 4 G3 POTS lines that connect to Asterisk? Let’s say that some calls 5611 from the G3, can asterisk determine that the call is coming in from 5611, and will it understand the G3’s caller ID?

Thanks for any help. I will post my findings.