[Asterisk-Users] SIP-T Support (I got my head in an SS7 cloud)

Keith Burns kburns at porchlightcom.com
Mon Jan 24 17:07:16 MST 2005

I think of *, Broadworks, Vocaldata, Sylantro as "line side feature
servers", and SS7 signaling with say IMTs/PRIs more for the class5
network side soft-switch (NexVerse, SONUS etc).

Typically they handle the LERG, complex translations etc and do it quite
well (although typically they take in native A-links for SS7 or some
degree of the "SS7-o-IP" standards).

I'm not sure I would want a line side feature server trying to be all
things to all people... kinda gets like Cisco IOS Enterprise :-o

Asterisk?
> I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on SIP-T but seems
like
> just an extension of SIP. Right?
>
> Now if I had a PSTN Gateway (that is a SS7 gateway) that supported
> SIP-T, could I signal * with SIP-T from it and have asterisk utilize
> MGCP to sieze a particular DS0 on a remote DS1? Hmm.. What am I
missing
> here.. ??
>
> Hmm, but outbound calls would be more complicated I think.. Let see,
SIP