[Asterisk-Users] UPS for Asterisk

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Mon Jan 24 14:28:52 MST 2005

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> Steve Prior wrote:
>
> I have an X10 dimmer switch in my bedroom. Initially, it operated fine,
> no troulbe to speak of. Then, "all of a sudden", it started randomly
> turning on the main room light in the middle of the night.
>
> I didn't notice this for a while, mainly because it doesn't bother me
> unless I'm already awake. But my wife mentioned that it wakes her up and
> she has to get up to turn it off. (The remote switch seems to have give
> out, but that could be the battery.)
>
> I am remembering now, that one day I got mad at the power blinking out
> so I brought in a heavy duty (well, at least heavy, two part, average
> geek would only want to move one piece at a time) UPS for my asterisk box.
>
> Could this be a symptom of the interference you spoke of?
>
> What filters have you used?
>
> Thanks.

My problem was of the "modules aren't receiving signals anymore" variety
which would indicate that something (in this case the UPS) was putting out
noise on the power lines, not what you experienced.  You might have a module
that's getting flaky or something else is generating signals.  The filter
I used had been siting in my closet for a few years, but I probably bought
it from smarthome.com and they have a couple of them.

Steve