[Asterisk-Users] Damn DTMF Beeps on my calls

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jan 24 13:38:48 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 13:38 -0600, Me wrote:
> Can someone give me a clue as to why I keep hearing DTMF type beeps on my
> phone calls. It sounds exactly like someone on the other end is pushing a
> key on their phone but they are not!
>
> Has anyone ever heard of this before? It use to happen once in a while,
> today it's been happening a LOT and it's driving me batty..

As usual, if you want to ask a smart question you need to add more
details.

DTMF can be caused by "talk off". Essentially a voice pattern that
triggered the DTMF detection. Now for the part that would have been
smart, identifying the location your DTMF is being detected. If it where
all zap, then it is the DTMF routines in asterisk/zapata, but as you
didn't bother to expound what is going on, it could be SIP hardware
phones acting up on you.

More details please before you go batty.