[Asterisk-Users] UPS for Asterisk

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Mon Jan 24 12:56:52 MST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 12:12, Steve Prior wrote:
> One word of caution in case you have X10 equipment.  I recently found out
> the hard way that some of APC's newest UPS models will cause interference
> with X10 signals going over the powerline.  I'm not talking about the X10
> signal not going through the UPC - that would be expected.  I'm saying that
> in my case it interfered with X10 signals elsewhere in the circuit the UPC
> was on.  Plugging the UPC into an X10 noise filter solved the problem.
>
> Steve
>
> steve szmidt wrote:
> > The days of shoddy UPS's are long gone, unless you always buy the
> > cheapest stuff you can find all the time. In which case you might be able
> > to find something crappy. APC gives good support and make decent UPS's at
> > a decent price.

That's interesting. Good fix too! I suspect that might not be all too uncommon
as they all generate tones for the frequence. Have you tried it with a few
different UPS's?

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin