[Asterisk-Users] XEON or not

Jon Bebeau jbebeau at 1nettw.net
Mon Jan 24 08:32:45 MST 2005

Hello,  Your on the right track.  No translations = no (well, not much) CPU
load.  If all your doing is pushing packets, the NIC will become more
important than the CPU.  Don't forget, MOH, auto response and VM will take
some load as these may need to be transcoded, unless you save them in the
same codec (format) as the native voice traffic.  For under 20 concurrent
calls, a P4 1Ghz would do.

Jon