[Asterisk-Users] DTMF issues (handytone)

Mike Dewey digium at alltechunlimited.com
Mon Jan 24 07:05:35 MST 2005

morn all,
   I ran into a strange issue last night and have not been able to find
resolution either in documentation (wiki) or experamentation.
   Using a handyton to feed dial tone to a pbx I am able to connect both ways
with no problem.  If I make a call from the pbx through asterisk I can sent
DTMF tones with no problem.  If I call into the pbx (through) the Handytone I
am not able to pass DTMF tones.  I hear a slight beep then silence.
  I have tried the Handytone set for DTMF info and rfc-2833 (as well as exp
with inband) as well as the sip.conf entry for it.
   I thought I had a pretty good handle on how DTMF was intercepted and
regenerated but ... ahhem  ..  guess not.

Thanks for any Ideas in advance.
mike

--
      |-            Mike Dewey    of           -|