[Asterisk-Users] VoIP software for MAC OS older than "X"?

Daiku hiz--iax at islandnet.com
Mon Jan 24 06:35:44 MST 2005

Hi Roy, thanks for the comments...

Quoting from message: 05/01/24 20:50 +0900 sent by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:
>The old MacOS' lack of scheduling and other fundamental functionality
>makes it not worth programming real-time apps on. So don't ask. Kick it
>out, use ATAs or IP phones or a PC. There's no point trying. You'll end
>up doing something else in the end anyway.

Very much agreed on the last point: i'll most certainly end up using
something else in the end, and that will either be an IP phone or, if it
turns out to be working well enough, the IAXy plus a regular phone. A
hardware based solution will be much better in my case, since it means
portability (i travel a lot) and i won't need a computer or headset to make
phone calls.

Thanks & regards: H.D.

PS: In the meantime i am just "playing" (i.e., learning something), and old
software is part of that. By the way, the e-mail software i am using right
now (Eudora 1.4.3) seems to have been released 12 years ago (would that be
the "bronze age", in computer terms?)... ;-)