[Asterisk-Users] Autio cut off at beginning of call

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Jan 23 15:07:30 MST 2005

On January 23, 2005 03:42 pm, Reid Forrest wrote:
> When dialing out using a SIP or IAX provider (Broadvoice, SimpleTelecom,
> VoicePulse Connect) I often find that after the call is answered the first
> few seconds of audio are cut off (i.e. I don't hear the called party). This
> usually results in the called party saying "hello.... Hello???" until I
> hear them.

This is not normal; I do *not* have this issue with NuFone and I have placed a
ton of calls through them daily for the past year.  I don't recall having
this problem with voicepulse connect when I used them, nor do I have the
issue with iax.cc for inbound calls.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a cause or fix? My
> internal calls are perfect. It's just Internet-terminated calls that have
> the problem. Someone wrote in response to the last post saying that the
> audio path probably wasn't set up yet. I think this is the symptom, but I'm
> wondering what's the cause, and if there's a fix.

It very much sounds like it's something on your end...  How about some
specifics?

-A.