[Asterisk-Users] Autio cut off at beginning of call

Reid Forrest rforrest at max-is.net
Sun Jan 23 13:42:54 MST 2005

I posted this question a while back, and I'm posting again in hopes that
someone has some ideas. Sorry if you've already seen this.

When dialing out using a SIP or IAX provider (Broadvoice, SimpleTelecom,
VoicePulse Connect) I often find that after the call is answered the first
few seconds of audio are cut off (i.e. I don't hear the called party). This
usually results in the called party saying "hello.... Hello???" until I hear
them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a cause or fix? My
internal calls are perfect. It's just Internet-terminated calls that have the
problem. Someone wrote in response to the last post saying that the audio
path probably wasn't set up yet. I think this is the symptom, but I'm
wondering what's the cause, and if there's a fix.

Surely I'm not the only one who's having a huge problem with this. Can anyone
help?

Thank you,
Reid Forrest, CISSP
Max-IS, Inc.
rforrest at max-is.net
ofc: 407.786.9600 x1200   cell: 321.439.8903