[Asterisk-Users] Some issues with X-Lite and codecs.

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Sat Jan 22 22:31:40 MST 2005

Hi there,

I am experiencing some issue with X-Lite.
When I am calling over the phone thru my PSTN-to-VoIP gateway
internationally using G.729 the quality is just perfect.
When I am using X-Lite to connect the same box, and then to call
internationally - I am experiencing some issues.
I have 5Mbit/800Kbit cable link with average 60 msecs to my VoIP box.
The transfer rate is never falling below 500Kbytes/sec.
Therefore I am not suspecting quite noticeable packet loss.
I enabled G.711 ulaw, alaw and speex codecs on both sides. By playing
with different codecs I am trying to avoid some
clicking and sound distortion, which is I am experiencing right now.
Speex sometimes is better than G.711, but still having the same
glitching. My question is, is there any way to fix it by playing with
some parameters on * side, or it's better to play with X-Lite parameters?

All the Best!
Sergey.