[Asterisk-Users] Segmentation Fault after Digitnetwork X100Pinstall

Henry Devito hdevito at qwest.net
Sat Jan 22 04:20:38 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Critchfield" <critch at basesys.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 4:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Segmentation Fault after Digitnetwork
X100Pinstall

>> > Asking about a knock off vendor is grating on many peoples nerves.
>> > Asking about a problem caused by a knock of vendor is VERY grating. Why
>> > should those who are directly supporting Digium by helping to run this
>> > list as well as Digium be charged with having to do support for other
>> > companies?
>>
>> I'm not the OP and do agree with supporting digium where possible,
>> but it would appear that digium is no longer selling the x100p card
>> (or at least its removed from the web site). Given some folks only
>> need/want/aford a single fxo port, is this actually considered a
>> knock-off at this time?
>
> Isn't a TDM01b a single port FXO? It also has the benefit of being able
> to scale up a little bit before having slot/interupt problems.
>
> This really is an edge case. If the original vendor had to do the
> support, they couldn't sell the parts at such a low price point. If the
> price rose to the amount to offer proper support, there wouldn't be much
> distinction between them and Digium. Digium would then likely get the
> sale as it is a feel good action.
> --
> Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

Just for FYI Digit Networks offers 30 days of support for the clone X100P.
Matter of fact their support is great.  I purchased 4 cards from them to set
up testing in my lab.   I wouldn't use the clones in production use, but for
some home users, testing and such they are inexpensive and well just
inexpensive.  Why spend $133 on a card for a low end machine when you can
spend $30.  Not everyone has a budget for tinkering around and home use.