[Asterisk-Users] Segmentation Fault after Digitnetwork X100P install

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Jan 22 03:54:26 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 04:38 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:

> > > As far I know, although Digium hosts the asterisk-users list and
> > > supports the Asterisk development, Asterisk is still a GPL open source
> > > project and asterisk-list is not a Digium support channel.  Asking
> > > questions about a vendor other than Digium is no difference than
> > > asking questions about Digium hardware.
> >
> > Asking about a knock off vendor is grating on many peoples nerves.
> > Asking about a problem caused by a knock of vendor is VERY grating. Why
> > should those who are directly supporting Digium by helping to run this
> > list as well as Digium be charged with having to do support for other
> > companies?
>
> I'm not the OP and do agree with supporting digium where possible,
> but it would appear that digium is no longer selling the x100p card
> (or at least its removed from the web site). Given some folks only
> need/want/aford a single fxo port, is this actually considered a
> knock-off at this time?

Isn't a TDM01b a single port FXO? It also has the benefit of being able
to scale up a little bit before having slot/interupt problems.

This really is an edge case. If the original vendor had to do the
support, they couldn't sell the parts at such a low price point. If the
price rose to the amount to offer proper support, there wouldn't be much
distinction between them and Digium. Digium would then likely get the
sale as it is a feel good action.