[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunking, Voicepulse Connect, and Outbound Faxing

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Fri Jan 21 09:39:37 MST 2005

I've just stumbled across a rather weird problem and was wondering if
someone could shed some light on the situation.

In testing faxing through Asterisk using Voicepulse Connect for
trunking I am able to receive faxes without a hitch. Quite impressive
considering previous experience with certain other VOIP providers.
Today I finally got around to testing outbound faxing and found that if
I have trunk=yes defined along with g.711 (ulaw), I am not able to send
faxes out. I get a poor line condition, comms error, etc. If I turn
trunking off the fax machines establish a connection quite readily and
the fax goes through lickety split.

So how is it that with trunking on I can receive faxes but not send?
Perhaps this is a Voicepulse bug?

And for anyone else wondering about Sixtel (iax.cc) faxing (at least
outound) just doesn't seem to work at all through them. When a call
connects you a hear a brief CNG tone and then the line goes silent.
Maybe they have T.38 turned on.

-mark

Mark Eissler, mark at mixtur.com
Mixtur Interactive, Inc. - at - http://www.mixtur.com