[Asterisk-Users] Dropping duplicate answer

Claude Klimos claude.klimos at aheeva.com
Fri Jan 21 03:19:05 MST 2005

Hi all,

We have the full logging enabled on one of our client's servers running
stable 1.0.3 with a TE410P and T1 trunks using Wink Start, 99% of the
calls being inbound. I've noticed in the logs that the following three
DEBUG messages get repeated quite often, around 2000 times a day. I
would like to know what can cause this, and does it hide a problem on
the lines? The client reported calls dropping and cross talk between
agents (hearing each other) when there is a big number of calls arriving
simultaneously.

Jan 13 21:04:21 DEBUG[1498]: Exception on 43, channel 7
Jan 13 21:04:21 DEBUG[1498]: Got event Ring/Answered(2) on channel 7
(index 0)
Jan 13 21:04:21 DEBUG[1498]: Dropping duplicate answer!

Thanks,
Claude (klicTel)