[Asterisk-Users] Troubles with Broadvoice (register) {Scanned}

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:25:11 MST 2005

> 2) Does * check /etc/hosts or do dns lookups every time registration is
> done or an an outbound call is placed?

I'm pretty sure the OS is checking /etc/hosts and * looks up the
address every time it registers -- at least I didn't have to reload it
when I changed the IP in /etc/hosts.

I'm not sure about the performance level checker, but why not allow to
specify alternate servers? If registration at the preferred server
fails, try the next best one. Asterisk already has a timeout after
which it considers a host unreachable, so this should be fairly easy
to do. End after a (pre)specified recovery time let it retry the
preferred server.

I wonder where you would specify the alternate hosts though... DNS
seems most logical to me, but does say Broadvoice provide round robin
lookups for sip.broadvoice.com? I don't think so.

--Luki