[Asterisk-Users] RE: VoIP-to-TDM processing on-card?

Patrick Conroy patrick.j.conroy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 13:39:35 MST 2005

> Are there any cards that work with * that do the VoIP-to-TDM processing on
> the cards, with multiple T1 interfaces?
>
> The QuickNet Internet LineJack seems to meet the description I believe, but
> it only has a single FXS or FXO. Are there any cards that have multiple T1
> ports?

AudioCodes makes cards that will do what (it sounds like) you are
looking for.  I haven't used them, but from what I understand they
have up to 16 T1 ports and convert the calls to SIP or H323 on an
on-board Ethernet port.  They just use the PCI slot for power.  Since
they convert the calls to SIP, I would assume that asterisk wouldn't
need a special channel driver for the cards.  Hope this helps.

Patrick