[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Call-Waiting

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Thu Jan 20 07:48:32 MST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 01:16:42PM +1100, Adam Goryachev said:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 10:43 -0500, C F wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:44:44 +1100, Adam Goryachev
> > <mailinglists at websitemanagers.com.au> wrote:
> > > I've not yet found any solution to this, and I haven't seen anyone else
> > > who has. Definitely please let us all know if you do find the answer...
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+SetGroup
>
> Fixing lazy top-posting.

Good call (bad pun intended... :-)

> setgroup doesn't work in all cases. Consider that the user may be
> receiving calls from methods other than the dialplan (eg, queues)

I haven't thought it through, but I'll throw this idea into the wind...

If you route all calls through an extension macro (inbound and
outbound,) could you have an asterisk DB variable that is set/reset when
a line is in use? I take it ChanIsAvail will return true if one call is
already in progress which is why we can't use it... In addition, this
call macro could add / remove extensions from a queue when a call is
in progress... I have no idea what the impact would be if you did
something like transfer a call...

Sure would be nice if Polycom pulled their head out of their *$$ and
started supporting their product properly.