[Asterisk-Users] 1x fxs + 1x fxo & transfer

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 20 07:38:50 MST 2005

> pstn - gw - asterisk
>        phone
>
> can you recommend me some hardware (cheapest than PC+fxo card+asterisk)?

That's the kind of stuff the sipura 3k really shines at.
It offers one FXS, one FXO, 2 VoIP channels and decent routing
capabilities for about $100.

I've never managed to get echo quite right with X100P. On the other
hand, the sipura unit Just Works.
Combined with VoIP capabilities of Asterisk, it makes a really solid
combination - I love it!

<iCanDream>
I would _love_ to see a unit that has the same build quality as the
sipura 3000 work with a mini embedded asterisk, asterisk no-frills clean
dial plan syntax, and IAX2 support. Add a little salt of network
auto-discovery logic, and you would get a dream ATA and a killer for
plug-and-playability thanks to Asterisk's superior protocol IAX2.
</iCanDream>

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.